Remember when all services of the US Post Office in Hudson were located in a single building located at the corner of Derry and Highland Streets? By the late 1950’s growth of our town was reflected in the increased demands on postal services; revenues had increased from $10,000 in 1949 to $39,000 in 1959. This building on 15 Derry Street was dedicated as the new US Post Office in Hudson on March 28, 1959. Those serving as Postmaster at this location were Roger L. Boucher, Clayton E. Smith, and Gerald Winslow. By 1976 postal revenues had exploded to $341,490. About 1986 the service locations were moved to 36 Executive Drive and 77 Derry Road. The Derry Street building was re-purposed for commercial uses and is now the home of Showtime Computers. Tune in next week to see where the Post Office was located before 1959! Photo from the Historical Society Collection.
Many residents or former residents recall this!!