Home » Posts tagged 'Town Gov'
Tag Archives: Town Gov
Police and Fire Chief Harry J. Connell (left) and Deputy Harry Emerson spend some idle time in the old police office on Ferry Street. Mr. Connell was a member of the Police Dept. from 1913 and its Chief from 1921 until 1946. He also served as a member of the Fire Dept. from 1912 and its Chief from 1924 until 1946. Mr. Emerson served on the Fire Dept. for over 50 years. He succeeded Mr. Connell as Fire Chief and served in that capacity until 1952. (Published in HLN August 29, 2014.)